Sunday, May 26, 2013

Both Feet On The Ground



"Shoes are very important in fashion". NO! they are the most important. So many woman have an obsession with shoes and I can easily see why, a beautiful outfit can be completely ruined by the wrong pair of shoes, the same way that a very simple outfit may become very attractive by just wearing the right pair of shoes. I Think unconsciously, the first thing I look at when I see a whole body outfit are the shoes. They are the 'base',  just as in life, and that is how I got to this question .......

is having both feet on the ground equal to success?
observing people around me (including myself) I wonder why some people seem to achieve every goal they set for themselves while others don't. While there is no 'magic' involve, as it may seem, I came to realize (yes! it 'hit' me) that there are lots of small 'ingredients' to this recipe and ONE big one: Being grounded! this actually means a lot. It means having clear goals, knowing where you are standing, knowing where you want to go, having a clear plan for it, knowing how to prioritize so that time is spend correctly, determination, discipline, uuugh, a Lot right? as simple as it may sound can be a little more complicated in the practice. I am sure we all know that :)
I was surprised to read that  the major obstacle in achieving what we want comes from, not the lack of discipline or determination, not even preparation, but not knowing how to manage time properly!! yes, every minute counts. The time we spend on the phone, the time we spend thinking, the time we spend day dreaming, the time we DON'T spend resting, etc .... it all counts. Not saying this can't be done but important to keep it under schedule and in moderation. In my case its clear. I am always complaining of my lack of time and then get to realize that some of the things I am doing are not even that important in relation to my goal. note to self: "moderation and prioritization"
So I'd like to hear from you .... what is your biggest distraction from your goals? how do you deal with it?

XOXO
and thanks for reading my blog ♥ 


Follow me on Instagram!

28 comments:

  1. Amazing all, especially the first one :-)




    style-squared.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. All These shoes a so fantastic, I love them all. And I absolutely agree with you, shoes are the important thing of a outfit. Shoes say anything.
    Your post today is very intereting and let me think about it.
    I'm soooo sorry, my English is too bad to explain my thoughts. But i understand the whole post and agree with you, having both feed on the ground is important for your whole life. For your emotions, your Family and in your job.
    Wish you a great week, Cla

    Glamupyourlifestyle.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi pretty girl!! I love the sandals for summer and I want a pair of zara very similar to number 3! Kisses!!!


    http://greatstyling.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. love number 5!!

    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love #3, they are so pretty and so chic!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post you so right it is about priorities love the shoe selection too.

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the sandals!

    thedaydreamings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's time management for me as well. 24 hours a day are not enough! But btw, Lenny heels are very gorgeous looking! I have an addiction to heels as well because they are just the defining piece of the outfit. <3

    Kisses from Singapore
    ♡ Jaslin from www.justjaslin.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was a fabulous post. Thank you! Firstly those shoes are amazing, I can't even choose a favourite, but if I really had to, I think it would be number 1, I have a slightly similar pair to number 3.

    Now about the goals. I do have goals in life and for me the problem isn't time as such, it is fear of failure. I know I should take the risk because risks can pay off in the end, but I just can't help worrying about what if people don't like it or like me, or what if I invest so much money and get nothing from it.

    Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my blog recently x

    http://forcailini.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your choices!!

    XO Alex

    ReplyDelete
  11. All these heels are super fab, lurv no 4 so much

    ReplyDelete
  12. love 1, 4, 5!

    time management is definitely important. i need to learn how to manage my time better...i always feel overwhelmed thinking i have so much to do! then i procrastinate because i don't know where to start!

    [oomph.]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg!!! What an awesome selection of heels. I love them all and why can't I own them all too.
    If I only knew how to manage time properly. I never have enough time :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Genial selección!!
    Saludos
    http://judithbysucre.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the last pair of studded heels!


    I think I get distracted from my goals easily, haha. too easy to pick up something new and forget what you were working on before!

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, I'm loving all the shoes on your list- so gorgeous!

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can barely walk in heels, but those black ones #4, look awesome for going out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all these shoes! Whoa #2, 4 and 5 are my favorites!

    There are so many daily distractions and I think the world we live in with so much technology has made it even more challenging. So many APPS, websites, online notifications, emails etc can serve as distractions. Living busy lives and as a woman we are always multitasking I'm sure contributes to the lack of time to focus on goals on some level.

    Have a great week & a good topic of discussion.
    xoxo

    Maria
    onestyleatatime.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those shoes are all perfection. I have had my eye on some sandals at Zara and at NastyGal. My summer shoes wardrobe needs an update! Thanks for visiting Infinite Style, you comments are always so sweet. You asked about what camera I use (I answered in a comment, but incase you didnt see it), I use a Nikon D5100, with an 18-55mm lens and a 55-200mm lens. In the photos I was using the 18-55mm lens! And to answer your question on this post, I don't let anything distract me from my goals... or atleast I try not too. Sometimes messy emotions get in the way!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Que bonitas sandalias!!! me gustan todasssss
    Buen comienzo de semana, Caro!!!.)))

    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love all of these picks - especially those first three! What great finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi!! I'm loving the first and second pairs of shoes. These are both great!
    I love the way you do your boards!
    Cheers
    xx
    Carly
    http://www.carlytati.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful shoes! Love them all!
    And I think fear is what stops me sometimes from pursuing my dreams which is sad.
    I have to keep telling myself that the fear of failure is very often worse than failure itself!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love all of these, especially the two pairs with gold studs. Great picks!

    xoxo,

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great shoes and appreciation of how challenging yet simple goal getting is!
    Kisses from Miami,
    Borka
    www.chicfashionworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I lovvvee all of them, but my fav is 1, 4 and 5..

    http://simplysassysstyle.blogspot.com/

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am a self-confessed shoe addict
    and all your picks are gorgeous.
    Love the ones with the studs the most.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love reading your comments!