Monday, June 3, 2013

Are You Really A "Fashion" Lover?? What I have discovered about me and "Fashion"


My First outfits after "coming back"
a small compilation of few of the outfits I have wore since coming back to 
my blog about 6months ago. the bottom 3 are the oldest. can you notice a change
in the style?

“Style is always in fashion, but fashion is not always in style!” -Yves Saint-Laurent

 

Defining "fashion" is a bit more complicated than you would think as the term "fashion" is very broad but for the purpose of this post we can say that Fashion refers to the 'hot' item out there, usually garments or accessories. style is how we wear those items. I find style to be the expression of who we are (or we are not) and as fashion is closely related to society, style is closely related to us individually. I am not saying you are what you wear but you express who you are thru your style....... That is whether you like "fashion" or not. Your style speaks about your personality.

I have said it before here, for me respecting my personal style is way more important than respecting the fashion trend of the moment. Of course, if the two meet at times, then great! I have realized recently that I am not a fashion lover but rather a style lover. I value and appreciate much more the way people genuinely wear and relate to garments than the garment itself. From there my fascination with fashion blogs. I must confess that I enjoy more (much more) watching at urban styles and street styles than a fashion show or the "official" fashion proposal made by fashion editors. I am going to be even more honest: Most (not all, but most) shows I find to be abstract and ..... boring to a point. But when I see the same pieces from the show wore out on the street on a more candid way then I I can appreciate it more and decide if I like it or not.

I could go on on the same subject for pages and pages, but really wanted to post this thoughts to hear from you: Do you consider yourselves to be a "fashion monster" who loves, lives and breath fashion OR more like me? How do you see fashion? What about style?

On an unrelated note here, I've been ask about my mint wedges a lot and those are an old Steve Madden ones BUT for those interested in cute similar options you may want to see: This Peep toe  wooden wedge or this super innovative ones OR this chic wedge sandal, very comfortable too, I  know by experience and they are on sale. I hope this helps for those looking for mint or green wedges.

Hope you have a great, happy week.

XOXO ♥ 


Follow me on Instagram!

20 comments:

  1. Fashion is a way to show my moods. Sometimes i like to wear boyfriend jeans and the other day I want my pencil skirt with high heels.
    I think the same like you. It's more interesting watching real fashion on the street or blogs. It's more inspiring for me. Like your picture today. You look so great in these boyfriend jeans and tank top, so I like to wear my boyfriend jeans today too. But I haven't so great arms like you, :(
    Have a nice day, Cla

    Glamupyourlifestyle.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Style..

    Well said, and I whole-heartedly agree with you! Also, yes! I have noticed a change in your style from when I first started reading/viewing your blog! Your current style is much bolder and risky! I love it! You rock!

    http://simplysassysstyle.blogspot.com/

    Thank you,

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree with you. i am more about style than fashion. fashion is the trends and what's presented to us, style is what we do with it. i am not one who finds inspiration on the runway, only because it seems unattainable. dont get me wrong, i love to look at fashion magazines and watch shows, but it's just something pretty to look at. i'm more inspired by street style because it's "real".

    [oomph.]
    Win a Pretty Blue Satchel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I see lots of bloggers wearing beautiful pieces I love but I know they wont suit me.
    Laura. xx

    www.stylishvue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Different outfits for different moments. Changing is a part of life!

    www.thebeautifulessence.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. really liking neon yellow and denim. just works so well together.

    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. great looks!

    thedaydreamings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been an avid advocate for dressing from your authentic sense of style. I'm not at all about following trends, just what feels good on.

    xoxo,

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think its better to be a style lover than just following trends all the time , In my opinion you have amazing style.

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm all about cultivating a sense of personal style rather than following all the trends (some, sure, but only the ones that really speak to me).

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree...I love street style! And I love your outfits...so cute :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post and discussion about Fashion vs Style. I agree that Style is more of a personal choice. It what shoes individuality and a person's taste. Fashion is more about trends, runway and retail. Personally I love both. Why? I am a lover of Fashion, its history, its craftmanship etc. That is what inspires my personal style to a degree.

    Thanks for sharing with us. Hope you are having a great week! XOXO

    Maria
    www.onestyleatatime.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you have great style and it's always good to not be too much of a fashion victim. I have to admit -- I LOVE fashion shows and love to find my own subtle way to introduce the trends into my personal style. I'm hoping I have a good balance like you :)

    xoxo Alison
    www.stylingmylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi flower, your blog is really amazing! Fascinating posts! I just love it and I'm following! I hope you'll visit me and follow mine too.

    Kisses from Russia, www.annmartynova.ru

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gotta go with your gut- no matter the trend! I think you have great personal style, so it all works out. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This was so great! I honestly love your style, it is bright and cheerful! Despite us having different styles, you make me want to go buy more bold items to add to my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fashion can be such a whirlwind, it is sometimes hard not to be caught up in it. But style is something else, and much cooler!
    Simona
    www.lakenmoon.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very great post. I call my blog my style blog, not my fashion blog. Because style is what stays. I am glad you agree!

    Thanks for visiting Infinite Style!

    xoxo
    Juliette Laura
    http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com
    www.etsy.com/shop/InfiniteStyleShop

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the bright colours in the last 3 outfits! :) I tend to stick to more classic style items than anything really fashionable or trendy, as I want to wear things I enjoy and will keep for years.


    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love reading your comments!